The Justice of the Peace is authorized by law to perform civil marriages.

Justice Courts in Elko County exist in Carlin, Elko, Jackpot, Wells and West Wendover.  The wedding fee is $75.00, payable at the Court.  Checks are not accepted.

A wedding license must be obtained prior to the wedding ceremony.  The license can be purchased at any County Clerk’s office in the State of Nevada.

A marriage must be witnessed by at least one other person in addition to the judge. 

As a Texas cowboy recently remarked, “Marriage is way too easy in Nevada.  It should be outlawed.” 

He got married in Carlin on his way to Vegas.  They were together 2 weeks in Vegas and 6 years later she wants part of his inheritance.  He hadn’t heard from her in about 6 years, but evidently she knew what was going on with him.  And he couldn’t believe that his marriage was actually still legal.





Carlin Justice Court & Municipal Court

Elko Justice Court & Municipal Court

Family Court

Wells Justice Court & Municipal Court

Eastline Justice Court & West Wendover Municipal Court

District Court Dept. I

District Court Dept. II

District Court Dept. III

You are here: Home Weddings